Pieces are npm packages and follows semantic versioning.
The version number consists of three numbers:
- MAJOR It should be incremented when there are breaking changes to the piece.
- MINOR It should be incremented for new features or functionality that is compatible with the previous version, unless the major version is less than 1.0, in which case it can be a breaking change.
- PATCH It should be incremented for bug fixes and small changes that do not introduce new features or break backward compatibility.
The engine will use the most up-to-date compatible version for a given piece version during the DRAFT flow versions. Once the flow is published, all pieces will be locked to a specific version.
Case 1: Piece Version is Less Than 1.0: The engine will select the latest patch version that shares the same minor version number.
Case 2: Piece Version Reaches Version 1.0: The engine will select the latest minor version that shares the same major version number.
when you make a change, remember to increment the version accordingly.
- Remove an existing action.
- Add a required
- Remove an existing action prop, whether required or optional.
- Remove an attribute from an action output.
- Change the existing behavior of an action/trigger.
- Add a new action.
- Add an optional
- Add an attribute to an action output.
i.e., any removal is breaking, any required addition is breaking, everything else is not breaking.